The Centre is fully equipped with facilities given below:
- Phaco Emulsification
- Laser Treatment
- Automated Perimetry
- All Types of Micro Surgery
- Glaucoma Screening and Surgery
- Squint evaluation and correction
- Medical retina evaluation
- Oculo Plasty – Plastic Surgery
- Tele Ophthalmology
- Tele-Ophthalmology Mobile Unit
1. Cataract Services
Cataract is the clouding of the natural crystalline lens and typically occurs because of ageing, although other reasons may be prolonged use of steroids, exposure to ultra violet and associated health problems like diabetes and eye injuries.
Surgery is the only known effective treatment for cataract removal. All cataract surgeries are aimed at removal of the cloudy natural lens and replacing it with an Intra Ocular Lens (IOL). At Bansara Eye Care Centre Phaco-emulsification is performed (No stitch surgery) and a foldable IOL is inserted. There are multiple IOL choices available for the surgery which are explained below. These lenses can be inserted through a small 1.8 to 2.8 mm opening
All type of quality IOLs are being used according to the capacity of the patient.
Aberration free/ Aspheric IOLS
These IOLs gives good quality of vision post operative due to the lens design, it also improves the contrast sensitivity of the patient and good night vision. These lenses also filter the harmful UV light and blue light which are said to be harmful to the retina.
These IOLs correct the pre existing corneal astigmatism there by reducing the possibility of spectacle wear for distant vision post operatively.
These IOLs provide clear vision for all distances hence almost 90% of the day-to-day activities can be performed without the need for additional glasses. Rarely the patient may experience glare during nights post operatively but usually gets adapted within a few months.
2. Glaucoma Services
Glaucoma is a disease of the eye which exhibits a typical optic neuropathy which results in rogressive visual field loss. The most important risk factor is raised intraocular pressure. Risk factors for glaucoma include age above 40 years, diabetes, myopia, mature cataract, trauma, certain retinal diseases and a family history of glaucoma.
At Bansara Eye Care Centre the patient is investigated thoroughly by qualified personnel with use of Perimetry, Ocular coherence tomography (OCT) and then the treatment is personalized to the patient to maintain his vision and quality of life.
3. Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy (DR) is a common vascular retinal disease affecting about 40% of type 1 diabetics and 20% of type 2 diabetics. Duration of the diabetes is the most important risk factor for DR .
Treatment for DR includes Laser photocoagulation,Intra ocular injections (Avastin) and Surgical Treatment.
Instruments available include Topcon Digital fundus camera, Fundus flurosescein angiography (FFA-where a fluroscent dye is injected into the vein followed by taking a series of photographs of the retina), Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Diode Laser, ND YAG and the Carl Zeiss Green Laser Visulas 532S.
4. Paediatric Ophthalmology and Squint Services
At Bansara Eye Care Centre we provide treatment for an extensive range of pediatric eye problems such as sight-threatening conditions like pediatric glaucoma, congenital cataract and other ocular disorders.
We also have comprehensive services in:
- The management of squint, double vision and other disorders of eye alignment and movement, both in children and adults
- The management of amblyopia or lazy eyes
- Refraction in young children using eyedrops (cycloplegic refraction) for those who have difficulty getting a good refraction.
- General eye problems such as eye sore, allergic conjunctivitis and lumps on the eyelids (stye and chalazion).
5. Oculoplasty Services
Oculoplastic surgery is the cosmetic, corrective, and reconstructive surgery of the eye. It manages and repairs problems primarily related to the tissues or structures surrounding the eye, rather than the eyeball itself. These structures include the eyelids, the tear ducts, and the orbit (bony socket surrounding the eye).
The uvea plays an important role in the normal functioning of the eye. The iris, the ciliary body and the choroid is called the uvea. The iris provides the eye with oxygen and nutrients; it acts as a shutter, controlling the amount of light entering the eye and also contains muscles that help the eye to focus.
Uveitis is the inflammation of any part of the uvea and the symptoms are light sensitivity, blurring of vision, pain, redness of the eye and floaters. Causes of uveitis include infections, Immune-related diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ankylosing spondylitis, Reiter’s disease etc, severe injury to the other eye and also due to some unknown causes.
At Bansara Eye Care Hospitals we investigate patients with uveitis in depth and treat according to the cause of the disease.
7. Computer Vision Syndrome Clinic
‘Computer Vision Syndrome’ (CVS) is “the complex of eye and vision problems which are experienced by computer users” The vision problems at computers result in visual inefficiencies and in eye-related symptoms. The causes for the inefficiencies and the visual symptoms are individual vision disorders and/or poor visual ergonomics. The symptoms occur whenever the visual demands of the task exceed the visual abilities of the individual.
The vision problems of computer users are very real, they are very prevalent and we know most of the bases for the problems. The visual symptoms can largely be resolved with proper management of the environment and by providing proper visual care for the computer worker.
The most common problems faced by computer users are;
Eye strain / eye tiredness, Headaches, Blurred vision, Dry / irritated eyes, Burning sensation, Neck/ back aches, High light sensitivity, After images, Double vision
8. Cornea Services
At Bansara Eye Care Centre , Corneal diseases like Keratoconus, Bullous Keratopathy, Corneal dystrophy and Infectious Keratitis are treated and managed with great proficiency.
9. Contact Lenses
Contact lenses enhances the vision of the the wearer by reducing spectacle aberrations and increasing the visual field, thus giving a natural vision
Soft contact lenses.
- Standard Contact lenses : These lenses are available as spherical lenses and toric lenses which can be used everyday for about 8 hours and should be replaced every year.
- Disposable contact lenses : These latest generation lenses are available as spherical and toric contact lenses which can be disposed as either quarterly, monthly, fortnightly, weekly or on a daily basis.
- Cosmetic contact lenses : As the name suggests, these lenses are worn to enhance cosmetic appearance by changing the eye color.
- Bifocal contact lenses : These lenses correct presbyopia by correcting both distance vision and near vision by a single pair of contact lenses.
Semi soft contact lenses When a person is intolerent to soft contact lenses due to allergy or under correction of high astigmatism, he will be adviced to wear semi soft contact lenses.
Semi soft contact lenses
These lenses are specially designed to match the patient’s corneal contour thereby resulting in a shaper and clearer vision.
- Rose K lenses
- Scleral lenses
- Kerasoft lenses
Neuro-ophthalmology is the branch of Ophthalmology that deals with diseases of the eye in relation to the nervous system. These fall into two main groups:
Diseases Affecting Optic Nerve and Diseases affecting eye movement
Optic Nerve Diseases
The optic nerve is the only nerve in the body that can be directly examined by a doctor. It connects the eye to the brain. The optic nerve can be affected by:
- Inflammation is normally indicated by the rapid onset of the loss of vision and colour vision associated with pain behind the eyes occurring especially during eye movements. Blood investigations and a MRI may be necessary to rule out connective tissue disease and multiple sclerosis. Treatment is with steroids.
- Ischaemia (a stroke of the optic nerve) manifests with the rapid onset of painless visual loss. It is most commonly related to hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidaemia and smoking and treatment is usually directed at controlling them
- Compression occurs due to a growth and exhibits slow, progressive, painless visual loss which is usually apparent on CT scan or MRI.
- Raised intracranial pressure can occur as a headache with early morning nausea or vomiting, transient loss of vision, or weakness or loss of balance. A CT Scan or MRI imaging and a lumbar puncture to obtain cerebrospinal fluid is usually necessary for analysis
Eye Movement Disorders
These disorders present as double vision, blurred vision or ‘Unstable’ (shaky) vision and usually occurs due to the following
- Local (orbital) disease causing restriction of movement.
- Disease affecting the nerves to the muscles causing weakness.
- Diseases affecting the transmission of signals between nerve and muscle.
- Diseases of the muscle.
- Diseases affecting portions of the brain that control movement.
The vision in each eye (when tested separately) is often normal but abnormal when both eyes are used. The patients will also have giddiness, unsteady gait, headaches or weakness involving other parts of the body.
Eye movement disorders that occur suddenly require urgent medical attention to rule out serious conditions such as a rupture of blood vessels supplying the brain.
Investigation and treatment is directed at the cause of the eye movement disorder.
11. Cutting Edge – Eye wear
At Bansara Eye Care Centre we have an in-house dedicated Optical Outlet, which showcases many options of branded and non- branded spectacle frames, suiting to every profile of the patients requirement starting from budget frames to high end brand frames. The conventional and stylish frames to match the young and old generation next to have an outlook of style and functionality has been synergized in the portfolio of frames displayed. The experienced sales personnel guide the patients on the suitability of the frame and the lens prescribed for Single Vision, Bifocal or Progressive Lenses. The branded lenses like Hoya, Esillor & Seiko are dispensed from our hospital.
A personalized care is given to every patient prescription by suggesting on the best lens which would give them a total clarity in vision, taking into account their budget.
Apart the Prescription Eyewear, we also showcase select brands of Sunglasses in our range. A selection of stylish but economical sunglasses for the young generation is also being introduced.
All the staff are well trained and strive to Enhance and provide the Complete vision to all its dedicated patients.
Computerization of records
- We are currently using state of the art customized software by Lekhisoft, for maintaining our medical records. As well as maintaining manual records, our e-filing system has also been under way since the past two years. With a gradual phase transition we intend to make the system Paperless for OPD (except for serious cases and IPD cases) within the next year.
- The Lekhisoft OMS software is a complete Hospital Management Information System that is specialized for ophthalmology.
Hospital Management System With Ophthalmology
Some of the Features of the HMIS:
- Appointment Module
- Patient Registration
- OPD/Procedure Billing
- IPD Registration
- IPD Advance (Surgery Booking + Patient Deposit)
- IPD Billing
- Surgical Management (OT module)
- Pre/Post-Operative Record
- Pre/Post Anesthetic Record
- Operation Record (Use in OT by LCD)
- OT Log Register Management
- Drug Log Book
- Lens Log Book
- Auto Clave Log Book
- Steam Sterilized Log Book
- OPD Medical Record Management
- A.R. Workup
- Optometrist Workup
- Doctor Workup
- Counselor Workup
- IPD Medical Record Management
- Inventory (Medicine & Non-medicine)
- Financial Accounting
- SMS Utility
- Optical Shop Management
- TPA Management
The Salient Feature
- Paper Less Working
- No Need Of Files & Registers
- Minimum Typing
- User Friendly
- Maximum Security
- Maintain Complete Medical Record
Benefits of HMIS
Based on Open Standards – Interfaced with Devices, Third Party Application
Has an interface with Lab Medical Equipment, Monitoring System, etc.
Comprehensive MIS for effective Decision making
Comprehensive – Computerized entire hospital’s functioning
Integrated – Patient Medical, Admin. & Financial information
Generates all prime documents (forms & Reports)
Provides International standards – DICOM, HL7, ICD-9/10
Provides interfaces to PACS
Deployed on RDBMS TechnologyFacilities Provided