1980-95 : Started as an Eye Clinic at Mawkhar.
1996-00 : Started as a First Aid Facility Center (Eye) and Community Ophthalmology Center.
2000 : OPD Services and ECCE – IOL.
2002 : Phaco Surgery.
2005 : FFA and Retinal Laser Treatment
2006 : B.Sc. Optometry Course started in collaboration with MLCU
2007 : Recognition for DNB Ophthalmology by GOI
2008 : Starting of Bansara Institute of Ophthalmic Sciences (BIOS).
2009 : Started the Tertiary Eye Care Centre (i.e., the current Base Hospital)
- Starting of Jowai & Mawkyrwat Vision Centre
- Launched State of the Art Cataract Surgery Machine the “Infiniti”from Alcon
- Starting of Nongstoin Vision Centre
- Implemented Tele-Ophthalmology unit in 3 Vision Centers
- Launched Tele-Ophthalmology Bus
- Launched the website for the hospital http://www.bansaraeyecare.com to have its online presence and provide online informatory services to the people.
- Took the Retina Services department to the next level by introducing state of the art equipment like the OCT, Green Laser, HFA and FDT being launched to enhance comprehensive eye care delivery services to the people of our state and making eye care diagnostics achievable within the state.
2012 : First Eye Hospital in the state of Meghalaya to be empanelled with RSBY for the benefit of the People.Milestones